Sensorimotor Psychotherapy (SP) is one of the leading therapies for trauma. Perth Counselling & Psychotherapy are highly experienced in the delivery of gentle yet effective sensorimotor therapy.
As trauma profoundly affects the body, and many traumatic symptoms are body-based, it is vital that trauma therapies incorporate the body. Our compassionate counsellors will gently guide you through the process of re-experiencing the physical sensations of trauma in a completely safe and supported environment.
Sensorimotor Psychotherapy can be increasingly effective when integrated with our trauma counselling services to provide a rounded, comprehensive approach to treating trauma.
Trauma can vary greatly from individual to individual, so there is no one-size-fits-all approach to treatment. Instead, our counsellors will attentively listen and provide a tailored approach to effectively manage the impacts of trauma on your wellbeing.
How We Can Help
SP works through integrating your thoughts, emotions and body in the therapeutic process. Our counsellors will the impacts of your traumatic experience on your thoughts and emotions, and how this translates into the underlying bodily responses.
Through SP, we can help you address the physical symptoms of trauma which can cause difficulties in regulating emotions, cognitions, and daily functioning. Our approached is centred around using mindfulness and collaborative techniques to eventually self-regulate responses.
Sensorimotor Psychotherapy supports trauma healing through:
- Developing an understanding of your symptoms from a trauma-based perspective
- Expanding your capacity and ability to feel calmer and safer, through working with your nervous system
- Processing unassimilated sensorimotor reactions – through safely moving your body in ways that facilitate you feeling in control and able to respond to the world as you wish
Why Choose Perth Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Our professional and empathetic counsellors employ a non-judgmental approach to sensorimotor psychotherapy, respecting you through each step of the process
- Our interpersonal meetings allow us to provide psychotherapy that is tailored to your specific trauma, always proceeding at a pace that is comfortable to you
- We are widely accessible, with four sensorimotor psychotherapy locations across Perth
- We build a healthy and trustworthy foundation with you from the start, reassuring you of our safe and supportive environment
Book Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Near Me Now
Need help dealing with a traumatic event or managing the symptoms of trauma? Get in touch with our team of compassionate experts to receive sensorimotor psychotherapy near me today.